About Marilyn Ypes Architect Inc.

Residential & Commercial Architect in Toronto, ON

History

Don Jackson and Nic Ypes started the firm of Jackson Ypes & Associates in 1954.  From the beginning, the specialty of the Firm was designing institutions.  A regular part of the volume of work was housing for seniors, elementary and high schools, and community centres.  

In 1980, Don Jackson retired and Marilyn Ypes became a Partner with her father, Nic Ypes.  The emphasis on seniors’ design then increased to include retirement, long-term care and independent seniors living.  Marilyn’s academic background in designing for seniors and the CMHC scholarship she received gave the Firm momentum to expand into this area. A steady representation of schools and community centres was also maintained over the years.

1985 saw the name change to Marilyn Ypes Architect.  Today our work includes residential, industrial, commercial, and institutional projects.